The Traveler's Best FriendThe Hudson Group is an East Rutherford, New Jersey, based retailer which operates a chain of newsstands, bookstores, fast food restaurants, and other retail stores chiefly at airports in the United States, with a smaller presence in U.S. train stations and Canadian airports. The company's holdings include Hudson News, the world's largest operator of airport newsstands. Hudson Group, the largest duty-paid travel retailer in North America, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dufry AG, Switzerland.
Assists the General Manager in executing the day-to-day activities in support of the strategic planning initiatives to ensure a productive and profitable operation, while helping to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and store visual presentation throughout the operation.
• Assist the General Manager in maximising sales and profits by meeting and exceeding sales budgets while minimising shrink.
• Assists the General Manager in recruiting and developing quality staff at all levels. Provides input to location succession planning.
• Provides leadership, effective management and training for staff.
• Ensures communications from home office and the General Manager is delivered to all staff levels.
• Ensures full adherence to all company policies and procedures.
• Implements and enforces controls that protect the company’s assets from internal and external shrink.
• Ensures over-all floor coaching and supervision is delivered consistently to ensure excellent customer service.
• Completes on a timely basis all administrative work as assigned by the General Manager, (i.e. scheduling, back office administration).
• Performs daily/ weekly operational audits.
• Ensures adherence to all promotional programs and reports deficiencies in compliance to the General Manager.
• Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and visual merchandising skills
• Performs daily inspections in each store to ensure company standards in visual presentation, stock replenishment and housekeeping are maintained.
• Fulfils all responsibilities of General Manager in his/her absence including responsiveness to landlord and home office requests.
• Consults and helps plan daily activities with General Manager; manages the activities of supervisors and staff.
• Provides supervision, guidance and support to store staff.
• Works with on-site jobbers and sales representatives.
• Communicates with home office personnel.
You can expect from us:
• Benefits after 90 days
• Paid Parking
• Opportunity for growth and advancement in the company
• A team - oriented and engaging environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
• Leadership qualities and demonstrated organisational skills.
• Excellent time-management skills and problem solving abilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with diverse personalities.
• Ability to multi-task.