Retail Supervisor - FT
The Traveler's Best FriendThe Hudson Group is an East Rutherford, New Jersey, based retailer which operates a chain of newsstands, bookstores, fast food restaurants, and other retail stores chiefly at airports in the United States, with a smaller presence in U.S. train stations and Canadian airports. The company's holdings include Hudson News, the world's largest operator of airport newsstands. Hudson Group, the largest duty-paid travel retailer in North America, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dufry AG, Switzerland.
Hudson Group at EIA is looking for a Retail Supervisor to join our team.
Supports the Operations Manager and General Manager to ensure that all store daily operating procedures are performed on a timely basis as required, while promoting a corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and store visual presentation. Maximize sales through the development and supervision of sales associates.
• Conducts store opening/closing/ shift change procedures.
• Provides staff training.
• Performs all cash register preparation, float verifications, spot checks, verification of end-of-shift cash reconciliations, and deposits.
• Ensures that daily counts on cigarettes, phone cards, newspapers, and other items as required are conducted consistently and that any discrepancies are reported immediately to the Operations Manager.
• Ensures that staff report to work on time, dressed in clean full uniform, including nametags.
• Ensures all sales associates are aware of daily sales targets.
• Ensures customers are greeted promptly and served by knowledgeable, well-trained associates.
• Demonstrates effective management of customer queuing
• Ensure telephones are answered in a consistent business-like manner and are used only for business-related purposes.
• Ensures that all staff tardiness and illnesses are reported to the Operations Manager.
• Ensures that sales associates are assigned daily duties and never congregate in the vicinity of the cash desk.
• Ensures that staff is aware of procedural changes and/or other latest memorandums.
• Has an in depth knowledge of products sold and ensures replenishment and proper rotation of stock on the sales floor.
• Ensures all damaged goods are returned to the warehouse properly tagged.
• Ensures that housekeeping standards are maintained (i.e. dusting, folding, replacement of burnt light bulbs, sweeping, mopping).
• Maintains an ever-vigilant theft and shoplifting awareness and enforces cash register and other policies controlling internal shrink.
Please note that this role is not solely limited to the duties and responsibilities as outlined above and may change with the needs of the business or at the direction of senior management.
• Consults and helps plan daily activities with Operations Manager; manages the activities of staff
• Provides supervision and support to store staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Leadership qualities, interactive, and approachable
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities
• Good problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One or more years of retail experience
What You Can Expect From Us:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, & RRSP benefits after 90 days
• Paid airport parking
• Opportunity for growth and advancement in the company
• A team-oriented and engaging environment