Passenger Service Agent
ATS is an international airline service provider located in more than 40 locations within Canada and the United States. We provide ramp services, fuelling, passenger service, aircraft grooming, and facilities management service to more than 40 airlines and airport authorities. We have more than 2,100 aviation professionals that provide these services, and we are all committed to providing the highest quality service in the safest environment for both our customers and team members!
SUMMARY: Performs airline ticketing counter and gate service functions for airline customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensures a safe work environment by following all ATS rules and regulations regarding the work place.
· Checks passengers in at ticket counter and gate and hands out boarding passes for outgoing flights.
· Checks passenger baggage and places bag tags on them at the ticket counter for appropriate destination.
· Coordinates ticket counter activities with those on the ramp regarding baggage handling to assure that all bags get on the outgoing flight.
· Handles customer complaints regarding ticketing and baggage handling when problems arise. (i.e. lost baggage, lost/misplaced tickets, canceled flights or delayed flights).
· Makes announcements regarding flight activity at gate or over airport’s general PA system.
· Answers customers’ inquiries regarding flight schedules, fares, space availability for a particular flight and other questions that may arise.
· Maintains the level of service expectations of both the passenger and the airline customer at all times.
· Communicates with flight crew on ground and via ground to air radio.
· Coordinates with other airport vendors regarding specific flight information (i.e. fueling, catering, etc.)
· Is responsible for all flight movement messages in and out.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a clean driver’s abstract. Varies by Airport.
· Must possess at least a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
· Must be able to obtain airport security clearance which includes an extensive check of your last 5 years of employment, criminal record and residence history.
· Must be able to lift up to 32kg.
· Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
· Must be willing to work in elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
· Basic computer knowledge is required.
LOCATION/SPECIFIC WORKING HOURS:
· Specific shifts to be determined
· Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
· Some travel required
· Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts
ATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER