Manager, Commercial Real Estate Projects
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
1 Full-Time, Permanent Position; Poster #2017-28
REPORTS TO: Director, Infrastructure
BAND: Excluded from the General Bargaining Unit
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
POSTING DATE: June 1, 2017 Internal/External
CLOSING DATE: June 10, 2017 (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)
Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure, the Manager, Commercial Real Estate Projects is a member of the Infrastructure team and is accountable for senior level project management and development expertise for real estate development, including projects such as outlet mall development, office development, restaurant campuses, highway commercial hotels, big box retail, small and medium format retail, aviation facilities, distribution, and light and medium industrial developments. This role has strong cross-functional linkages to Commercial Development, and will contribute to the overall infrastructure and real estate development strategy by creating consistent project management standards that drive efficiency in space use and project execution.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Provide input into the Infrastructure business plans and directions, ensure an understanding of the Infrastructure strategy as it relates to non-terminal Commercial Real Estate Project Management throughout the Infrastructure team
• Develop and execute a Commercial Real Estate Project Management plan and roadmap that aligns with the Commercial Real Estate Strategy and Capital Plan.
• Ensure ongoing effective positioning and integration of Commercial Real Estate Project Management within the organization.
• Prepare analysis of pertinent issues related to Real Estate Development projects, to define costs, schedules, and a transition strategy if required to ensure optimal cost management, efficiency and productivity, and operational flexibility.
• Oversee major Commercial Development (non-terminal) construction projects, including site review, organization and logistics, permitting, reporting, design and construction management, change orders, submittal process, project cost management, quality assurance, performance measurement, and billing administration.
• Create and oversee schedules, budgets, and contracts related to Commercial projects, ensuring developments are built according to plans.
• Develop and recommend a long-term utilities strategy for highway access that provides cost effective energy services for EIA and highway commercial tenants.
• Support overall airport master planning through commercial development and project management expertise.
• Post-Secondary degree in Engineering or other discipline with appropriate relevant experience
• Diploma or Certificate in business administration, property management, or related subject
• Experienced developing and executing complex projects at a Senior Project Manager level
• Demonstrated knowledge of Business Management practices and Planning principles and practices
• Understanding of property leasing considerations
• Airport Knowledge is considered an asset
Closing Date: June 8, 2017, 5:00 pm or until suitable candidate is found.
*Please reference the posting number and title when sending in your application*
Resumes may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org