Sr. CADD Technologist
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Full-Time, Term (1 year); Poster #2017-42
REPORTS TO: Manager, Technical Services
BAND: Band 5 (General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $32.62 - $36.16 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: August 9, 2017 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: August 19, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m. (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)
The CADD technologist is responsible for creating, maintaining, and managing Infrastructure documentation for Edmonton Airports. Responsibilities include keeping building, site and utility information current and up-to-date, and supporting the administration of various Infrastructure processes, ensuring information and approvals are received in a timely manner. Tasks include uploading documents to an external document management site or an internal MS SharePoint site, converting and maintaining lease drawings, providing information and assistance to stakeholders for future or current projects, and updating base plans of both airports managed by Edmonton Airports.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITES:
• Update key department records using various forms of technology following documented procedures on an established schedule, and ensuring ease of availability to external and internal customers.
• Assist with the development of standards and processes relevant to the systems, complementing other Technical Services processes and standards.
• Ensure all CADD and other document standards, including templates, are up to date and relevant to internal and external standards and processes.
• Provide adequate information to internal and external customers, appropriate in format and context.
• Two year diploma in a recognized institute specializing in engineering, architectural or other building-related program is required.
• A minimum of 5 years technical background with progressive experience in either building or civil drafting
• Progressive experience with use, interpretation and interpretation of the Alberta Building Code and municipal land use regulations.
• Led a team of cad technicians developing standards, templates and user processes to improve workflow within the department
• Experience producing architectural or civil drawings that can be used for construction
• Preference will be for candidates with Microstation experience in a professional setting, but candidates with strong AutoCAD experience will be considered and subsequently trained on Microstation.
• Proven experience and commitment to providing exceptional customer service is required, with the ability to conceptualize customer requirements into a final product suitable to their needs.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational and prioritizing skills; ability to work in and adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment in an open office.
• Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check.