Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Nominated for 2013 Steel Design Awards of Excellence, Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel offers you far more than the typical airport hotel experience. Whether you're laying over or in need of a lie-down, luxurious touches like in-room Keureg® coffee machines and state-of-the-art fitness center make you feel right at home. While soundproofed modular solidwall construction and tripleglazed, argon-filled glass, ensures there's always time for quiet moments.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
•We are looking for an Assistant General Manager to help lead our Food & Beverage Team here at the Renaissance!
•This position is a permanent full time salaried position for a minimum of 40 hours a week
WHY WORK FOR US?
We have a great benefit plan that includes extensive medical and dental as well as life insurance. This plan is 80% covered by the hotel for all coverage. This position also includes dry cleaning, loyalty days, and RRSP matching up to 3%. We also offer a great loyalty program, rewards, and recognition program offering thousands of prizes, food, and beverage discounts, event referral program, associate referral program, educational assistance, and we have a travel program which can have you staying in hotels across the world for as little as$29 a night!
HALO Bistro|Bar is Edmonton’s newest alternative for individuals looking for a trendy upscale dining experience. Offering both traditional and locally indigenous menu options, HALO is truly a unique dining experience that emphasizes urban culture with a modern flair. The Assistant General Manager of HALO will supervise the 100 seat bar and 100 seat restaurant and work closely with their Director of Food Services and Supervisors to ensure that flawless customer service and exceptional cuisine inspire guests to return and make HALO their primary restaurant destination.
· Plan, organize, direct and control the work of employees and managers in the in the Food & Beverage Department while ensuring exceptional service and attention to guests.
·Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline employees and supervisors in Food & Beverage operation (Halo Bar|Bistro, In Room Dining, Club Lounge, Starbucks) and to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
· Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control while focusing on creative revenue generation solutions to maximize profit.
·The ability to be visible in the operation, recognize and maintain relationships with regular guests as well as cultivate relationships with new patrons.
·The ability to work closely with the Director of Food & Beverage, Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price.
· Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
· Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
· Assist with service in all Food & Beverage outlets.
· Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, or related major; 3-5 years of experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• Must love discovering the Edmonton locale