Help Desk Analyst
We are an industry leading provider of specialized air cargo services utilizing a fleet of B757, ATR72 and C208 aircraft operated on behalf of FedEx Canada. With a head office based in Edmonton we have bases across Canada. We excel at what we do thanks to an unsurpassed commitment to safety, superior customer service and a positive corporate culture fostered by teamwork and collaboration.
We pride ourselves on being a company that always puts Safety First. With years of experience operating in a fast-paced courier environment, we operate with a safety-driven customer service focus which allows us to excel in terms of both our safety and on-time performance metrics. We pride ourselves on our highly professional airline environment.
Morningstar Air Express Inc. is seeking a Help Desk Analyst to support our technical infrastructure for our bases across the country. Successful candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule to accommodate operational requirements. Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
The successful candidate will work with our existing team in the head office located at the Edmonton International Airport, and will be responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT-serviced operations. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary. Helpdesk / Desktop Support is also responsible for recording problems/solutions within the helpdesk ticketing system and deploying new hardware.
• High school diploma or equivalent, with a college or university degree preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
• 2 years of direct work experience in a help desk support capacity.
• Ability to diagnose problems, perform repairs on IT assets, and provide support for a wide range of applications.
• Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources.
• Experience with PC hardware (desktops and servers), printers, and mobility (tablets and smartphones).-
• Experience with Windows Server and Desktop O/S (Server 2008R2 and up, Windows 7, 8, 10).
• Experience with automated rollout, Active Directory, LDAP, Linux, MDM, Citrix and VMWare preferred.
• CompTIA A+/Network+ or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certification preferred.
• Knowledge of the aviation industry an asset.
We offer a competitive total compensation package with long term pay progression to recognize years of service as well as a generous company-matched group RRSP program.
In addition, we have a very competitive benefits package for employees consisting of health, dental, vision, accidental death and dismemberment, travel medical, life insurance, short and long-term disability protection, an employee and family assistance program, wellness and health care spending accounts.
Please email your resume with a covering letter to: email@example.com. Morningstar Air Express Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.