General Kitchen Helper
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
• Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
• Arrive to work on time and can work overtime when required
• Handle fish, beef, pork, poultry and other food products
• Follow written food specifications and menu guidelines in English
• Handle knives and kitchen tools properly
• Complete production and HACCP documentation as required
• Communicate with Supervisors and co-workers
• Follow direction
• Work as a member of a team
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads. We serve more than 200 million meals a year to our 250-plus customers at more than 100 airport locations around the globe.
We are now hiring for 2 PT Kitchen Helper to work in our flight kitchen located at the Edmonton airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A Food Assembler completes and assembles food items on upright carts and airline equipment, including tray setups. Tray setups must follow airline specifications and usually include tray, paper tray liner, cup, plates, dessert, salad, snacks, bread, butter, condiments and eating utensils.
Job Specific Requirements:
• Good Communication Skills
• Read, write and follow food specifications and menu guidelines in English
•Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
•Must be able to lift, push, pull, move product, equipment and supplies up to seventy-five (50) pounds
•Regularly stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours