The Traveler's Best FriendThe Hudson Group is an East Rutherford, New Jersey, based retailer which operates a chain of newsstands, bookstores, fast food restaurants, and other retail stores chiefly at airports in the United States, with a smaller presence in U.S. train stations and Canadian airports. The company's holdings include Hudson News, the world's largest operator of airport newsstands. Hudson Group, the largest duty-paid travel retailer in North America, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dufry AG, Switzerland.
The Sales Supervisor supports the Terminal Manager and the General Manager to ensure that all store daily operating procedures are performed on a timely basis as required, while promoting a corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and store visual presentation. Maximizes sales through the development and supervision of sales associates.
• Conducts store opening/closing/ shift change procedures.
• Provides staff training.
• Performs all cash register preparation, float verifications, spot checks, verification of end-of-shift cash reconciliations, and deposits.
• Ensures that daily counts on cigarettes, phone cards, newspapers, and other items as required are conducted consistently and that any discrepancies are reported immediately to the Operations Manager.
• Ensures that staff report to work on time, dressed in clean full uniform, including nametags.
• Ensures all sales associates are aware of daily sales targets.
• Ensures customers are greeted promptly and served by knowledgeable, well-trained associates.
• Demonstrates effective management of customer queuing
• Ensure telephones are answered in a consistent business-like manner and are used only for business-related purposes.
• Ensures that all staff tardiness and illnesses are reported to the Operations Manager.
• Ensures that sales associates are assigned daily duties and never congregate in the vicinity of the cash desk.
• Ensures that staff is aware of procedural changes and/or other latest memorandums.
• Has an in depth knowledge of products sold and ensures replenishment and proper rotation of stock on the sales floor.
• Ensures all damaged goods are returned to the warehouse properly tagged.
• Ensures that housekeeping standards are maintained (i.e. dusting, folding, replacement of burnt light bulbs, sweeping, mopping).
• Maintains an ever-vigilant theft and shoplifting awareness and enforces cash register and other policies controlling internal shrink.
• Leadership qualities, interactive, and approachable
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities
• Good problem-solving skills