Ramp Attendant / Passenger Screening
North Cariboo Air one of the oldest and most respected air carriers in Western Canada, is well known for foreseeing the needs of their customers. With over 50 years in the aviation industry we have earned the reputation as a safe, dependable and efficient air carrier dedicated to providing our customers with top quality personalized service.
North Cariboo is looking for motivated and reliable individual(s) to join our team in YEG as a Ramp Attendant/Passenger Screening Agent.
This position will perform a variety of duties working as a Ramp Attendant and Passenger Screening Agent.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Loading and unloading of baggage and cargo from the aircraft.
• Marshalling and towing of aircraft for departures/arrivals.
• Ability to work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turnaround of aircraft.
• Ensures readiness and replenishment of de-icing equipment is complete during the winter operations.
• Ensures Health and Safety standards and rules are both met and adhered to.
• Deliver high quality service to customers.
• Assist with facility/hangar maintenance.
• Ability to lift, carry and move up to 50 pounds.
• Able to work in all types of weather conditions.
• Responsible for screening passengers, and their baggage using a screening machine
• Ensure passengers are screened efficiently and pleasantly
• Follow aviation regulations and procedures
• Strong commitment to aircraft and passenger safety
• Represent North Cariboo’s clients in a respectful and professional manner
• Stocking the commissary room, as directed
• Assist in Facility maintenance, as assigned
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Aviation experience and education, an asset
Grade 12 education.
Ability to hold a Transport Canada Restricted Area Identity Card.
Strong commitment to safety.
Must have flexibility and be available for shifts, including early mornings, evenings & weekends
Desired Attributes & Assets
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• A strong customer service orientation
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced team environment with limited supervision
• Ability to adjust to changing work demands and priorities
• Willingness to learn and contribute ideas to a team
• Strong commitment to safety
Physical Demands Associated with Job
• Must be fit, and able to lift 50lbs.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions