Come work at a fun, flexible and challenging environment with lots of room to grow!
HMSHost is the world’s largest provider of Food and Beverages for travelers, and consistently offers unmatched customer service, and exceptional dining experiences. We are currently looking fora motivated and engaging individual to join our team as a Tim Hortons Baker.
All of our restaurants are located in the Edmonton International Airport. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full time staff as well as paid training, transportation (parking pass or subsidized bus pass) and a unique meal plan!
The Baker is responsible for preparing baked foods and must be able to follow standard recipes for baked goods; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or General Manager depending upon local requirements.
• Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, and serving food items which may include desserts and other food and beverage products
• Tastes products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
• Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment
• Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
• Operates a variety of kitchen equipment; measures and mixes ingredients, washes, peels, cuts and shreds food items
• Stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
• Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
• Requires a minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred
• Requires food knowledge pertaining to working in a kitchen and pantry
• Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
• Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
• Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
• Frequently works with sharp knives, utensils, and ovens
• Frequently works in hot environment
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)