Come work at a fun, flexible and challenging environment with lots of room to grow!
HMSHost is the world’s largest provider of Food and Beverages for travelers, and consistently offers unmatched customer service, and exceptional dining experiences. We are currently looking for a motivated and engaging individual to join our team as a Tim Hortons SHift Lead.
All of our restaurants are located in the Edmonton International Airport. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full time staff as well as paid training, transportation (parking pass or subsidized bus pass) and a unique meal plan!
The Lead for the company's food and beverage locations will accurately and efficiently processes customer orders; assists the Food and Beverage Manager or Supervisor in supervising associates; maintains a friendly, efficient, and appealing environment for associates and customers; and assists in the day-to-day operations of the stores. Responsibilities also include welcoming all customers with a smile and friendly greeting; encouraging, through leadership and example, the highest level of sales and customer service performance by other associates; and assisting associates to maximize sales and customer service through coaching, counseling and mentoring; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position which reports to the Assistant Manager, Store Manager or General Manager, depending on local requirements.
• Accurately and efficiently processes orders while following recipes and or product directions
• Assists the Manager or Supervisor in supervising associates; maintaining a friendly, efficient, and appealing environment for associates and customers
• Develops a solid knowledge of product and services available in unit
• Operates cash register and receives payment from customer in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required while following all the company's customer service and cash handling policies and procedures
• Assists in locating, reconciling, and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operates equipment with peripheral electronic data processing
• Cleans and sanitizes work station and equipment
• Receives inventory, moves and lifts food and beverage products and supplies; transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or cart
• Ensures proper portion control in the preparation of food and proper food handling procedures are followed including wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating and checking temperature of products
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
• Requires a High School diploma or the equivalent (GED)
• Requires a minimum of 6 months cash handling and customer service experience
• Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
• Requires the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
• Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
• Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)