Our award-winning lounge is pleased to be part of the EIA family. Plaza Premium Lounge is the world’s first ‘pay-in lounge’ open to all airport users regardless of airline or class of travel. We are committed to providing exceptional airport services to all travellers. Our lounge cares for our guests in an attentive and personable way with a premium food and beverage offering to support the experience. Established at Hong Kong International Airport in 1998, we now manage and operate in more than 110 locations at 29 international airports in 11 different countries. In Canada there are Plaza Premium Lounges in Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver, and opening soon in Winnipeg.
Plaza Premium Lounge at Edmonton International Airport is looking for a main cook who can handle kitchen operations and lead the kitchen team. Should be able to provide exceptional food service to passengers in our lounge. Work well in a team environment and have a positive attitude.
Medical benefits for full time staff and opportunity for growth.
• Be able to prepare and/or cook food items as per the menu or as assigned, ensuring ample quantities and good quality.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards and all local and provincial H&S and Food Safety regulations.
• Lead & coach the kitchen team towards providing the highest levels of service
• Work with minimal supervision
• Estimate food requirements and prepare food accordingly
. Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
• Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
• Continually try to improve food preparation and presentations
• Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
. Be able to manage cost and wastage
. Perform any other task as assigned by management
•Passion about Culinary Arts, A knack for taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary
Excellent and stable culinary work history
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal & customer service skills
• High level of enthusiasm and energy
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Creative, detail oriented, independent team player
. Must have or be able to obtain any food handling certificates required by the province.
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs. and push or pull 25 lbs. with the assistance of a cart.
• Must have ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work all shifts, including early mornings and late nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance.