Guest Service Officer
Our award-winning lounge is pleased to be part of the EIA family. Plaza Premium Lounge is the world’s first ‘pay-in lounge’ open to all airport users regardless of airline or class of travel. We are committed to providing exceptional airport services to all travellers. Our lounge cares for our guests in an attentive and personable way with a premium food and beverage offering to support the experience. Established at Hong Kong International Airport in 1998, we now manage and operate in more than 110 locations at 29 international airports in 11 different countries. In Canada there are Plaza Premium Lounges in Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver, and opening soon in Winnipeg.
Plaza Premium Lounge at Edmonton International Airport is looking for a full time Guest Service Officer. Should be able to provide exceptional customer service to passengers in our VIP Lounge. Work well in a team environment and have a positive attitude. Besides checking in passengers at the front desk, be able to assist in serving food and beverages to guests and in maintaining the professional image of the lounge.
Medical benefits, bus subsidies, attendance bonus, company-paid parking and opportunity for growth.
• Greet guests personally, respond to passenger inquiries for information, and promote the Plaza Premium Lounge.
• Be knowledgeable of Admission Instruction procedures for the Plaza Premium Lounge.
• Collect different means of payment (cash, credit/debit card) and process them properly.
• Enter information on the computer and maintain various spreadsheets and tracking reports.
• Balance and prepare paperwork at the close of each shift.
• Possess a good knowledge of general information about the airport including its facilities, flight schedules, and airlines information.
• Anticipate guest needs and respond appropriately to guest requests and concerns.
• Assist with the service of food set-up, replenishing the buffet counter, clearing of dishes, and washing of dishes.
• Prepare and serve specialty coffees and teas.
• Prepare and serve alcoholic beverages.
• Monitor the alcoholic consumption of passengers.
• Ensure cleanliness of the Lounge and all food and beverage service equipment.
• Ensure continuous restocking of products.
• Work harmoniously with supervisors and co-workers.
• Help with deliveries or logistics if required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Lounge Manager.
• Must have excellent personal presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Must have strong oral communication skills.
• Must have proficient written English skills.
• Must be proficient with basic Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must be able to obtain any food handling or alcoholic service certificates required by the province.
• Must have ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work all shifts, including early mornings and late nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance.