Warehouse Air Cargo Agent
Braden Burry Expediting (BBE) has provided northern logistics services since 1977. The company began providing its services to mineral exploration companies, but with the development of diamonds, oil and gas and other mining-related activity, BBE has become the largest logistics company in the Northwest Territories. The BBE group connects the North and south through transportation links in Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta, Yellowknife, Fort Simpson, Norman Wells and Inuvik, Northwest Territories, Iqaluit and Baker Lake, Nunavut, Winnipeg, Manitoba and Ottawa, and Ontario. Whether by ship, truck, rail, barge, over ice roads or by air; across borders or through customs, we deliver on schedule. That’s BBE’s global reach and northern roots.
BBE Expediting is looking to fill 4 Warehouse Acceptance Agent positions
Position Description: Junior Agent -Warehouse Air Cargo
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Edmonton International Airport, Alberta
The Junior Agent -Warehouse Air Cargo facilitate the movement of air cargo on behalf of airlines and their customers in our Edmonton Air Cargo Operations, a complex regulatory environment. The successful applicant will interface with Drivers, Customers, Airlines, Ramp Handlers and should always provide excellent customer service. This role will be guided by:
Supply Chain Partner, Networking the World.
To successfully move more freight, more efficiently, than yesterday.
BBE’s Core Values
Innovation, Safety, Integrity, Growth and Commitment
Duties and responsibilities:
• Perform cargo acceptance based on customer and regulatory requirements.
• Produce all related documentation and physically handle the freight while ensuring that all operating procedures are met
• Operating hand tools, sit-down propane and diesel fueled forklifts and tug tractors efficiently and safely
• Help and perform physical screening.
• Help with the build-up and break down of cargo loads, to match customers' requirements.
• Perform warehouse cleaning, parking lot, compound and airside area, snow and or debris clearing
• Assist other departments with their warehousing requirements
• Resolve or Escalate shipment issues to Lead
• Prevent and detect unauthorized access to building and restricted areas
• Identify and Report any issues or potential hazards
• Strictly adheres to all Health and Safety policies, meetings and protocol as directed by management.
• Responsible to ensure all assigned training is current and up to date.
• Other duties as assigned by the company
• Air cargo, airport operations or general aviation experience
• Experience in Industry Regulatory Requirements including Transportation of Dangerous Goods (Air, Road, Ocean), Transport Canada Air Cargo Security Program,
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Maintains a professional presentation and image both in attire and demeanor.
• And……continually seeking and accepting professional self-improvement opportunities.
Success is measured by:
• Happy Clients (satisfaction, trust, relationships)
• Happy Team (camaraderie, achievement, contribution, challenge)
• Happy Accountants (sales growth, administrative ease, logic of new business, increased efficiencies)
• Happy Board (diversification of business, cost consciousness, risk identification and reduction)
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and be able to obtain and maintain Transport Canada clearance