Our award-winning lounge is pleased to be part of the EIA family. Plaza Premium Lounge is the world’s first ‘pay-in lounge’ open to all airport users regardless of airline or class of travel. We are committed to providing exceptional airport services to all travellers. Our lounge cares for our guests in an attentive and personable way with a premium food and beverage offering to support the experience. Established at Hong Kong International Airport in 1998, we now manage and operate in more than 160 locations at 42 international airports in 11 different countries. In Canada, Plaza Premium Lounges are located in Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver, and Winnipeg.
Plaza Premium Lounge, one of the leading, award winning airport lounges on a global level, is looking for a cook for its Edmonton locations, who exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the kitchen staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employer satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility. Assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas in our lounges at Edmonton airport.
What we offer:
-Opportunities for growth and learning within the company on a global scale
-Healthy, safe and fun work environment and company culture
-Company paid parking
-Employee recognition programs
-Cross-training and task force opportunities
- Free lounge access globally
• Provides excellent culinary service in our lounges at the airport
• Prepares and cooks main courses, salads, snacks and other food items
• Prepares menus as required
• Implements effective cost saving strategies to keep f & b cost low without compromising quality
• Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Ensures that other kitchen staff maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Supervises ordering, purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
• Leads Kitchen Operations:
• Provides direction for all day-to-day food service operations.
• Training kitchen staff for preparation, cooking and presentation
• Ensures company policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma; At least 5 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage area
• 2-year degree from an accredited university or college in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• Must have or be able to obtain any food handling certificates required by the province.
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs. and push or pull 25 lbs. with the assistance of a cart.
• Must have ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work all shifts, including early mornings and late nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance.