Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME)
North Cariboo Air one of the oldest and most respected air carriers in Western Canada, is well known for foreseeing the needs of their customers. With over 50 years in the aviation industry we have earned the reputation as a safe, dependable and efficient air carrier dedicated to providing our customers with top quality personalized service.
We are looking for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME), who has experience on our fleet, to join our team!
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. We have a number of bases located throughout Alberta & BC; Calgary, Edmonton, Kirby Lake, Vancouver, Prince George and Fort St. John. Our variety in aircraft fleet & bases allow us to have the flexibility to meet the unique needs of our clients. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance; we work hard, but we play hard as well! Our diverse team includes Flight & Cabin Crew, Maintenance, Customer Service, Ground Ops & Support Staff, to name a few.
We are looking for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME), who has experience on our fleet, to join our team! Our philosophy is that we want to find the right person to complement our existing workforce, not just a body to fill our recruitment needs. We work to ensure our teams are diverse, dynamic and well rounded. Our Maintenance Teams may not be large, but we are mighty; our experienced AME’s bring a wealth of industry and technical knowledge, our Junior AME’s are determined and motivated with many working on obtaining their dual licence and aircraft endorsements and our Apprentices are eager, tenacious and dedicated, a characteristic we are proud to attribute to our in-house AME Apprenticeship program. We understand that our employees want to do their best; we can help them achieve this through proper training, support and providing them with the resources needed to do their jobs.
• Edmonton, BC: We are looking for an individual to work on a full time basis, this
position requires an individual who has a flexible schedule and is able to meet the unique needs of a charter airline. The successful candidate for this position will have a M1, M2 AME licence, with familiarity on B200, 1900D and/or Dash 8 preferred; experience with the Avro RJ100/146 would be considered an asset.
If you’re wondering whether either of these positions, or even if North Cariboo is right for, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them!
Job Title: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME)
Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Department: Maintenance Operations
Posting Expires: Immediate opening, position closes when successful candidate is hired
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to careers @flynca.com. Please list the position you would like to be considered for in the subject line; i.e. “YEG AME”.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of North Cariboo Air’s aircrafts and upholding our Safety Management System.
Role and Responsibilities
• Daily line maintenance of all company types, trouble shoot & repair snags
• Routine maintenance, component replacement
• Scheduled inspections on all aircraft types up to A-Checks.
o Heavy maintenance completed through third parties
• Train & mentor Apprentice AME’s, when required
• Complete all required documentation
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual
• Other duties as assigned
• Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, with a Transport Canada AME license; as per the descriptions above, preference will be given to individuals meeting the position needs.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude & excellent troubleshooting skills
• Safety Oriented
• Proven Leadership Skills & Experience
• Often on feet for extended periods of time
• Occasional lifting of over 50lbs
• Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) & AVOP
• Experience with RAAS, an asset
• Aircraft types include:
• Benefits include:
o Life Insurance
o Short & Long Term Disability Coverage
o Extended Health & Dental Care
o Health & Wellness Benefits
o On-Site Parking
• Travel: As required
Please feel free to visit the careers section of our website for more information, http://www.flynca.com/careers/job-postings.