People. Passion. Pride.
These have driven our team since 1833. Since that time, we have developed to become a critical partner in the global aviation industry, delivering time-critical logistics services at more than 200 locations in more than 37 countries, across six continents. But at the heart of our business is our people. Whether serving our clients landside or airside, above or below the wing, our teams are agile, dedicated, and eager to help. Safety and security are at the heart of everything we do. We have a duty of care to look after each other, our customers and their customers. And we care about the communities in which we operate. We understand that what we do makes a difference at many levels. Our services help keep people moving with everyone playing their part, delivering with precision, round the clock, every minute of every day. In this we take immense pride, and it strengthens our determination to deliver. Our core services include ground, air cargo and fuel services.
Menzies Aviation Canada Ltd at YEG is looking to fill FULL-TIME Aircraft Refueller positions. The starting Wage is $19.65/hr with Yellow RAIC, and $20.30/hr with Red RAIC.
We are the world’s largest independent aviation fuelling services provider with over 3,000 people working for us globally. Our fuels business provides fuel storage management and into-plane fueling services for oil companies, airports, and airlines at many of the world’s largest airports. Innovative approaches to aviation fuels have a vital role to play in tackling climate change and we are proud to be working closely with our partners as we move forward to decarbonize operations.
Here's a summary of job description:
1. Responsibilities: Members of the Fueling team are responsible for the safe and efficient fueling/defueling and servicing of aircraft. This includes operating a fueling truck, handling fuel hoses, and attaching them to the aircraft.
- A valid Class 5 Alberta or equivalent provincial driver's license.
- A clear driving record (no graduated license).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions for weight, measurement, and volume calculations.
- Ensuring a safe and secure work environment following local health, safety, and security policies and procedures.
3. Training: While prior experience may be beneficial, it is not required. Menzies Aviation provides classroom and on-the-job paid training to ensure employees are fully prepared for their roles.
4. Cross-Training: Employees may be expected to work in other areas of the operation, allowing opportunities for skill development and a diverse work experience.
Starting wage is $19.65, or $20.30 with Red Pass. (Plus Shift differential).
Health and Welfare benefits will start after successfully completing a 120 day probation.
2 Weeks annual vacation.
This is a union position.
Uniforms and all required PPE will be supplied.
Below are additional details about the requirements for joining our high-performing team.
1. Age and Work Authorization: Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have the legal authorization to work in Canada.
2. Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English, including speaking, reading, and writing, is a requirement for the position.
3. Driver's Abstract: Prospective candidates should submit a recent driver's abstract along with their resume. Applicants will be required to hold and/or obtain an AVOP (Airside Drivers Operator's Permit).
4. Airport Badging: All airport staff working airside must obtain an airport identification badge, which involves passing background checks. All employees need to adhere to security and compliance with airport regulations.
5. Physical Demands: The job is physically demanding and involves activities such as lifting up to 30 kilograms, pushing, pulling, bending, stretching, and frequent kneeling. Prospective employees should be prepared for the physical demands of the role.
6. Outdoor Work: The job primarily takes place outdoors, which means employees will need to work in various weather conditions.
7. Flexible Schedule: Due to the ever-changing airline schedules, a flexible work schedule is required. This position requires the need for adaptability and availability to meet operational demands.