Ramp Agent (Part-Time Afternoon/Evening Shift)
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service. EFC is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, while upholding the principles of employment equity. Your participation in this important process is greatly appreciated. We encourage applicants to self‐identify as a member of one or more of the employment equity designated groups – Women, Aboriginal peoples, Persons with Disabilities and/or Members of Visible Minorities. The information collected will be used solely to carry out our obligations under the federal Employment Equity Act. Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities and to apply for this role. Please include your resume and cover letter when applying for this position; indicating the position title and location you are applying for in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our Edmonton location is seeking an experienced Ramp Agent to support our diverse operations for a part-time afternoon/evening position. The following shift is currently available. The successful candidate must be available to work Monday to Friday from 1:30pm to 10:00pm.
Ramp Agents support all ground handling operations, de-icing applications and possibly some fueling situations. Ramp Agents are accountable for all areas of aircraft ground handling and are required to operate in a safe and efficient manner and as directed by the Operations Supervisor.
• Plan, design and perform ramp services according to the standards set by Executive Flight Centre.
• Load and unload aircraft.
• Marshall and chock aircraft.
• Provide a variety of servicing on aircraft.
• Assist in field maintenance, primarily on the apron and around the building entrances for snow clearing and grass cutting.
• Direct passengers on the apron as instructed by passenger service agents.
• Ensure correct baggage loading information is given to each aircraft, including any ballast concerns.
• Operate all ground service equipment.
• Provide award-winning ground handling services including building quality relationships with customers.
• Make sure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
• Troubleshoot issues within the ground handling process.
• Responsible to clean all company vehicles, GSE equipment and Fuel Trucks.
• Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
• Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance.
• Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
• Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Completion of High School Diploma.
• Previous experience in the aviation industry in a similar role would be an asset.
• A valid class 5 driver’s license is required.
• A current/valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) is required
• Airport Security Clearance and Driver’s Abstract is required as a condition of employment.
• Must be able to obtain a Radio Operator Certificate (Aeronautical)
• First Aid and CPR would be an asset.
• Must work shift work, weekends and stat holidays.
• Able to work inclement weather, overtime and extended shifts.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to lift or move up to 75 lbs independently.
• Able to work in confined spaces.
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimal or no supervision.
• Basic mathematics, trouble shooting skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
• A strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Professional, punctual, meticulous and diligent.
• Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.