Line Technician; Full-time (Night Shift)
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service. EFC is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, while upholding the principles of employment equity. Your participation in this important process is greatly appreciated. We encourage applicants to self‐identify as a member of one or more of the employment equity designated groups – Women, Aboriginal peoples, Persons with Disabilities and/or Members of Visible Minorities. The information collected will be used solely to carry out our obligations under the federal Employment Equity Act. Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities and to apply for this role. Please include your resume and cover letter when applying for this position; indicating the position title and location you are applying for in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our Edmonton location is seeking an experienced Line Technician to support our diverse operations. This is a full-time night shift position will work a variety of shifts including afternoons and evenings excluding weekends. The successful candidate must be available to work 5:00 pm to 12:00 am.
The Line Technician is responsible for performing all facets of ramp operations in a safe, efficient and professional manner. The Line Technician operates refueling vehicles and ground support equipment required for fueling and servicing aircraft and completes accurate documentation while working within the Company’s protocols and guidelines.
• Plan, design and perform ramp services according to the standards set by Executive Flight Centre including; loading/unloading, marshalling and chocking aircraft, grooming aircraft including lavatory and potable water servicing as required.
• Aircraft Fueling, Movement, Placement, and Storage.
• Fuel Movement and Quality Control.
• Operate various types of ground service equipment.
• Responsible to clean GSE equipment, buildings and Fuel Trucks.
• Strict adherence to safety rules on the ground, ramp and while using equipment.
• Required to work in all types of weather conditions.
• Physical requirements include considerable use of your arms and legs, climbing, lifting up to 75 lbs repeatedly, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Must work shift work including nights, weekends and stat holidays.
• Make sure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
• Determine needed supplies and equipment.
• Knowledge of aviation refuelling equipment and associated equipment.
• Prepare detailed reports based upon findings and actions taken as and when required.
• Performs work with highest quality possible to ensure safe operation of equipment.
• Back-up/support Ramp Agents as required.
• Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
• Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance.
• Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
• Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Previous experience in the aviation industry in a similar role would be an asset.
• Minimum Class 3 with Air Brake Endorsement.
• Ability to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) is required
• Driver’s Abstract is required as a condition of employment.
• Must be able to obtain a Radio Operator Certificate (Aeronautical)
• First Aid and CPR would be an asset.
• Must work shift work, weekends and stat holidays.
• Able to work inclement weather, overtime and extended shifts.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to lift or move up to 60 lbs independently.
• Able to work in confined spaces.
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimal or no supervision.
• Basic mathematics, trouble shooting skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
• A strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Professional, punctual, meticulous and diligent.
• Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.