Digital Engagement Lead
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Need to Know
At Edmonton International Airport, we offer challenging, rewarding opportunities that allow employees to thrive in what they do. Our work culture is known for being open, collaborative and inclusive. We recognize that great work gets accomplished when spontaneous fun is involved, and we make an effort to celebrate successes and milestones whenever we can. We’re also big believers in the power of setting professional goals and encourage employees to do so on a regular basis. We always want to know how we can support our most valuable stakeholder and enhance the partnership that exists between managers and their employees.
We look for positive, energetic people to fill vacancies on our team who are not afraid to take on inevitable challenges. We also look for diversity among our applicants, including in backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and ways of working together. It’s this diverse community of people that allow us to shine and make better decisions that support our business plans.
You should also know that one of our core values is “invested in our talent”. We consider professional development, specialty training and career growth among our top priorities. To learn more about us, visit our website.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to work, see below for our latest hiring opportunity.
Is This Role for You?
As the use of social media has become widespread with local, national and international consumers, online engagement is the primary way EIA engages and informs customers and the community. With the growing number of social media platforms supporting EIA’s online customer engagement, it is vital to add a dedicated role to strategize and lead all online and digital communications channels. EIA’s social media platforms are a vital communications tool. These platforms listen to and interact with customers and community members. We are focused on understanding and improving the passenger experience and digital strategies are a vital part of this future work. The Digital Engagement Lead is critical to support the online success of Edmonton International Airport.
The successful candidate must be passionate about driving improvements in our airport, Airport City, commercial programs and corporate functions. The Digital Engagement Lead will be effective at working in a fast-paced and complex environment as well as confident and collaborative in their interactions with senior executives, partners and cross functional teams. Critical to this role is the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels, with both internal and external stakeholders.
Day in The Life
You might be wondering what you can expect in a typical day at work. Every day will bring new opportunities, focusing on key responsibilities, including:
• Manage all aspects of the website, including publishing access, information architecture (IA), hosting agreements, content posting policies and procedures and understand/implement future mobile website trends, upgrades and developments.
• Liaise and negotiate with internal stakeholders to ensure digital communications program is aligned with company business objectives
• Report Google and social media channel analytics along with key insights to management and colleagues that show ROI and drive improvements to EIA’s digital communications program.
• Keep abreast of digital communications, social media and e-commerce trends and innovations, and propose new tools and technologies that could significantly enhance EIA’s digital program
• Oversee external chatbot and ensure continuous improvement in customer service levels provided by the chatbot
• Learn and implement new digital tools and systems with a passenger-centric focus.
• Oversee day to day operations of EIA’s social media program and ensure we are in alignment with channel strategies and connected to our corporate strategy
• B.A. in Digital Media, Digital Communications, Digital Marketing or certificate in related field
• Experience with social media platforms and emerging trends in website, social media and other digital communications systems
• Creative knowledge and strategies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Awareness of current market trends that relate to this position
• Strong Project Management ability and organizational skills
• Highly developed negotiating, consensus-building and meeting facilitation skills
• Expertise in integrated digital marketing and communications campaign development
• Experience with digital media monitoring and analytics programs such as Google Analytics, Cision and Simply Measured
REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate Communications & Creative Services
BAND: Band 7 (Included in the bargaining unit)
SALARY: $41.63 to $46.17 per hour
POSTING DATE: September 11, 2019 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: September 20 (Internal) or Until a suitable candidate is found (External)