Critical Systems Specialist
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
As the Critical Systems Specialist, you will be accountable for the analysis of electrical and control systems, advising on improvements on various critical systems. Provide technical support on new infrastructure projects at Edmonton Airports. You will support Facilities Maintenance in being the electrical and controls technical expert for new construction, infrastructure changes and maintenance and Edmonton Airports and provide consultative services to all levels and departments across the organizations well as to external stakeholders on projects.
• Provide technical support to shift personnel and operators on electrical and controls systems on existing infrastructure at the airport
• Troubleshoot any PLC or electronic control related issues within the Critical Systems as well as make changes as required.
• Identify and bring forward the necessary budget requirements for the provision of departmental objectives and planned activities to change the current facility’s infrastructure
• Developing and recommending improvements, design changes, modifications or alterations to critical systems equipment
• Participate in and organize planning activities for changes to the current facility based on new technologies and guides the technical aspects of planning for electrical infrastructure at the airport
• Provide subject matter expertise on new facilities, from design to operational phase, specifically concerning the facilities electrical systems and preparing capital replacement recommendations to electrical infrastructure.
• Provide input to project scoping in area of expertise for the purpose of defining technical requirements, functional requirements, identifying problems, solutions, scheduling and costing to summarize the project
• Participate in the technical review elements of internal EA processes for Facility Alteration Permits, Electrical and Controls Connection Requests, and Requests for Information.
• Work with project stakeholders which includes many departments (Projects, Facilities Maintenance, Terminal Operations, Airside Operation, and Information Technology)
• Liaise with external contact (such as contractors, engineers, architects and design consultants) to clarify sponsor requirements, exchange information and provide direction.
• Journeyman Electrician or a Diploma in Industrial Automation, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree, technologists, or technicians
• Must have 7 or more years of experience in controls
• Strong computer skills required
• Electrical distribution/generation systems experience
• Experience with SCADA/HMI systems
• Experience in various PLC and VFDs
• Experience with Fire Alarm system
• Experience with Networking and Communications, VM’s, and Remote systems
• Strong problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be willing to work a Monday-Friday (7.5 hour days) with an on call rotation.
• Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal record check as conditions of employment