Human Resources Business Partner, Employee Experience (12 month term)
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
At Edmonton International Airport, we offer challenging, rewarding opportunities that allow employees to thrive in what they do. Our work culture is known for being open, collaborative and inclusive. We recognize that great work gets accomplished when spontaneous fun is involved, and we make an effort to celebrate successes and milestones whenever we can. We’re also big believers in the power of setting professional goals and encourage employees to do so on a regular basis. We always want to know how we can support our most valuable stakeholder and enhance the partnership that exists between managers and their employees.
We look for positive, energetic people to fill vacancies on our team who are not afraid to take on inevitable challenges. We also look for diversity among our applicants, including in backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and ways of working together. It’s this diverse community of people that allow us to shine and make better decisions that support our business plans.
You should also know that one of our core values is “invested in our talent”. We consider professional development, specialty training and career growth among our top priorities. To learn more about us, visit our website.
If this sounds like somewhere, you’d like to work, see below for our latest hiring opportunity.
The HR Business Partner, Employee Experience reports to the Director, Human Resources and is a member of the People & Culture team. The HR Business Partner, EE is responsible for: the delivery of learning and development objectives that support the strategic and operational priorities of Edmonton Airports; providing support in leading the organization through changes resulting from projects, programs, and initiatives occurring in Edmonton Airports and providing quality control for the delivery of HR programs. These responsibilities will be approached through a consistent lens of employee experience while championing employee engagement.
You might be wondering what you can expect in a typical day at work. Every day will bring new opportunities, focusing on key responsibilities, including:
• Build relationships and maintain open and honest communication with internal partners throughout the business to ensure needs and objectives are being met through HR programs and provide recommendations and assistance in improving these programs to benefit organisational effectiveness and employee experience.
• Ensure consistency in the quality and delivery of HR programs to a high standard and ensure program content champions the objectives of the People, Strategy and Sustainability department in relation to employee experience and engagement.
• Develop and nurture partnerships through human resources to bridge the divide between management and employees
• Lead the employee communications for HR programs and services.
• Support in the development of Learning and Development programs, including planning and implementation to support strategic and operational priorities of Edmonton Airports and to help build the organisations overall capacity for learning and transformation.
• Be a business and thought partner by coaching and advising leaders while applying critical thinking to people related matters such as employee engagement, performance management, and organizational effectiveness
• Provide support to internal partners by helping them identify, create and action roadmaps that include learning objectives and outcomes for their departments.
• Monitor training programs to ensure that training objectives are met
• Consult with internal and external stakeholders to determine change requirements to provide support in developing and executing ECT plans with related activities that maximize employee adoption and usage, while minimizing resistance.
• Support Employee Change and Transition and Communication plans and ECT schedules of activities for projects, programs, initiatives, identifying user adoption gaps and risks, learning, communications and training needs for specific initiatives.
• Analyze data trends and metrics to inform business decisions
• Post-secondary education in Social Sciences or related field (CPHR designation considered an asset
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Project management skills (schedule preparation, project plans and status reports)
• Process management and problem solving
• Ability to produce positive results in new and uncertain environments
• Superior planning, organizing and prioritizing skills
• Ensure confidentiality and sound judgment on a range of people issues and have the confidence to influence leaders and outcomes, while balancing urgency and attention to detail
• Ability to support the execution of company-wide HR initiatives with excellence in a fast paced, environment with a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
• Organizational focus and determination to meet client needs by delivering fast and quality results
• Formal Change Management Training an asset
• Knowledge of employee change and transition principles and methodologies
• Ability to assess employee change and transition needs, and apply logical approach to identifying required change and transition initiatives that support process or technology adoption