Our award-winning lounge is pleased to be part of the EIA family. Plaza Premium Lounge is the world’s first ‘pay-in lounge’ open to all airport users regardless of airline or class of travel. We are committed to providing exceptional airport services to all travellers. Our lounge cares for our guests in an attentive and personable way with a premium food and beverage offering to support the experience. Established at Hong Kong International Airport in 1998, we now manage and operate in more than 160 locations at 42 international airports in 11 different countries. In Canada, Plaza Premium Lounges are located in Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver, and Winnipeg.
Provide exceptional culinary service to our guests in our Award Winning Traveler's lounge Plaza Premium Lounge at Edmonton International Airport. Maintain highest levels of food quality and sanitation standards. Responsible for monitoring food and labor costs. Standardize and develop menus for both Plaza Premium Lounges at Edmonton International Airport, ensure food safety rules and regulations are in compliance. Assist in new lounge projects. Monitor kitchen and food counter equipment efficiency. Supervise staff and monitor labor budget.
What we offer:
-Extended health, dental and vision package for full time employee.
-4% of vacation pay is included in your monthly payroll.
-Comprehensive paid training.
-Free airport parking provided.
-In-house job opportunities- we pride ourselves for developing talent from within.
. Oversees the daily operations of all kitchens, managing schedules and coordinates the work of cooks and other kitchen employees. Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality, controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
· Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistent high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served.
· Prepare necessary data for preparation of budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs.
· Closely liaise with Procurement Manager to ensure that food order and other necessary food supplies are as per standards.
· Maintain inventory of food items and other kitchen supplies.
· Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas Monitor kitchen and service equipment serviceability and efficiency.
· Responsible for setting up kitchens and recruitment of cooks, train kitchen staff and monitor their performance and conduct performance reviews, staff disciplinary issue meetings.
· Attends Management meetings regarding food & beverage discussions
· Designs menus for special catering events and oversee the food preparations during events.
· To ensure that proper cleaning procedures are adhered to and personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn at all times during the shift. Employees are expected to follow all health and safety regulations, enforced and updated by the company.
· To undertake other jobs assigned by management team from time to time.
. 4 to 6 years’ experience in Canadian and International cuisine.
· Red Seal Certification an advantage.
· Advanced food handlers/safety certification required.
· Strong management skills.
. Ability to use computers and knowledge to work with Micro Soft
applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Good communication skills, including verbal and writing skills
· Should be self-motivated with a positive can do attitude.
· High sense of responsibility and ability to prioritize
· Problem solving ability and high level of attention to detail.
· Able to stand for long hours
· Able to lift up 50lbs baggage
. Able to get Transport Canada Security Clearance to work at the airport.