Manager, Finance (Term)
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
1 Full-time, Term (18 Month) Position
Need to Know
At Edmonton International Airport, we offer challenging, rewarding opportunities that allow employees to thrive in what they do. Our work culture is known for being open, collaborative, and inclusive. We recognize that great work gets accomplished when spontaneous fun is involved, and we make an effort to celebrate successes and milestones whenever we can. We are also big believers in the power of setting professional goals and encourage employees to do so on a regular basis. We always want to know how we can support our most valuable stakeholder and enhance the partnership that exists between managers and their employees.
We look for positive, energetic people to fill vacancies on our team who are not afraid to take on inevitable challenges. We also look for diversity among our applicants, including in backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ways of working together. It is this diverse community of people that allow us to shine and make better decisions that support our business plans.
You should also know that one of our core values is “invested in our talent”. We consider professional development, specialty training and career growth among our top priorities. To learn more about us, visit our website.
If this sounds like somewhere you would like to work, see below for our latest hiring opportunity.
Is This Role for You?
The Manager, Finance is a member of the financial management team. This position is responsible for hands-on, full-cycle accounting and assisting with other ad-hoc projects as assigned. The quality and accuracy of the financial reports are part of the manager's scope of work.
Successful candidates will oversee and manage staff for the day-to-day operations, including fully understanding the requirements of the daily obstacles and using strong leadership skills to help the department move through the annual cycles and assist with any requirements necessary to succeed.
Day in The Life
You might be wondering what you can expect in a typical day at work. Every day will bring new opportunities, focusing on key responsibilities, including:
• Create and manage a strong team of employees, including determination of optimal numbers, recruitment, retention, and development.
• Develop, implement and review Finance processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks.
• Manage the corporate accounting and reporting functions for Edmonton Airports (EA) by establishing processes and internal controls that ensure financial information integrity and compliance with the Regional Airports Authorities Act (Alberta) and Accounting Standards for Not for Profit Organizations (ASNPO).
• Develop, recommend for approval, implement and monitor all accounting and finance policies and procedures for the purpose of creating reliable and accurate financial information and minimizing financial risk identify, interpret and implement new accounting and reporting requirements.
• Preparation of EA monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and associated reporting to the Board.
• Manage, coordinate and maintain the contractual relationship with external auditors throughout the audit process.
• Preparation of variance analysis and providing strategic financial advice and support to EA Senior Management and Executive Teams in order to make sound business decisions.
• Manage and maintain relationships with external parties used by the Finance Department relating to all finance-related software (banking software, billing software and financial reporting software, etc.).
• Recognized University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or in a related area.
• Canadian CPA designation (CGA, CMA, CA)
• A thorough knowledge of either International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or Accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE) or Accounting Standards for Not for Profit Organizations (ASNPO) ”
• Progressive 5+ years experience in business management in the field of accounting, auditing, financial reporting and analysis in a large organization with 2+ years at a managerial level demonstrating analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills in managing moderate to complex financial and accounting issues.
• Leadership and staff management skills including performance improvement, interdisciplinary team building, decision making and individual and group supervision.
• Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• Ability to communicate clearly and fluently (written and spoken).
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
REPORTS TO: Director, Financial Accounting
SALARY: Commensurate with experience