YEG Pre-Board Screening Officer
GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), providing screening services in 28 airports across the country. GardaWorld has become a leader by being able to rapidly adapt to change and by investing heavily in constant training for its personnel.
Watch your career take flight at GardaWorld!
Screening Officers are specialized professionals who receive extensive paid training to protect passengers while demonstrating vigilance and excellent customer service in a dynamic airport environment.
GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority, (CATSA).
Our Officers undergo up to 180 hours of rigorous specialized training, so it is not essential to have previous security experience or licenses, but you will require great communication skills and customer service experience.
We are recruiting Pre-Board Screening Officers for future career opportunities at the Edmonton International Airport. On completion of training the role is initially on a Part-Time basis with the potential for Full-Time hours.
For candidates with immediate and flexible 24/7 availability there is an immediate opportunity to work as a Pre-Certification Screening Officer on a temporary part-time basis of 30 hours/week. Full details on this option will be provided to viable candidates during the recruitment process.
- You are responsible for the efficient screening of passengers, non-passengers and their baggage
- You are an ambassador for customer service and interact with passengers and stakeholders alike in a professional and ethical manner
- You follow aviation regulations and standard operating procedures at all times while demonstrating critical thinking
- You are committed to ongoing training and long-term development
- Hourly salary: $24.44 - $25.79
- Full time paid training at $21.89 /hr
- Excellent benefits
- Uniform is provided
- Opportunities for long-term career development in specialist and management positions
- One (1) year of customer service experience
- Security experience or licence is NOT required
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident
- No previous criminal background for which a pardon has not been granted
- Over 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Available to work and commute any scheduled shifts in a 24/7 operation including weekends and public holidays
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to standing for long periods of time and lifting/pushing/pulling luggage and other heavy items (up to 22kg)
-All GardaWorld Security Screening Inc. employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be required to comply with GardaWorld’s mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written. Fluency in French is an asset
- Excellent communication, customer service and people skills
- Strong teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, remain calm and alert while multi-tasking in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable undertaking training and operating in a rapidly changing, high tech setting
Our officers must be able to obtain a Transportation Canada Security Clearance (RAIC) and a valid medical from CATSA, prior to successfully completing an extensive training program.
The hiring process can take 1 to 6 months to complete due to the wait time associated with the application for a Transportation Canada Security Clearance (RAIC). For candidates who hold a valid Transportation Security Clearance or previously held a valid Transportation Security Clearance in the last 24 months, this process may be accelerated.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will only communicate with selected candidates. This will occur via email so ensure to check your email for correspondence from us.
You can apply only once within a six-month period. Using more than one profile to apply multiple times within this timeframe will result in automatic disqualification.