Nominated for 2013 Steel Design Awards of Excellence, Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel offers you far more than the typical airport hotel experience. Whether you're laying over or in need of a lie-down, luxurious touches like in-room Keurig® coffee machines and state-of-the-art fitness center make you feel right at home. While soundproofed modular solid wall construction and triple-glazed, argon-filled glass, ensures there's always time for quiet moments. Company Website: Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Halo Lounge Server to join our B&F team here at the Renaissance!
This position is a permanent part time position and pays $15 an hour plus gratuities for a minimum of 16 hours a week
WHY WORK FOR US?
We offer a great travel program which can have you staying in hotels across the world for as little as $29 a night!
On-demand pay - get paid whenever you want!
In-house management training program
Quarterly fun work events unlike anyone else!
50% off food and beverage for you and your friends
Monthly talent rallies with food and entertainment
Work with an award-winning team
HALO Bistro|Bar is Edmonton’s newest alternative for individuals looking for a trendy upscale dining experience. Offering both traditional and locally indigenous menu options, HALO is truly a unique dining experience that emphasizes urban culture with a modern flair. The ambassadors of HALO will operate the 100 seat bar and 100 seat restaurant to ensure that all dining guests receive the best possible experience.
· Set tables in your assigned area (or check to see they have been set) correctly and uniformly, using: clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears); clean, unspotted silverware, clean china with no chips or cracks; clean unspotted glassware. Table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, bread baskets, etc.) should be clean and filled properly.
· Know the menu for both the bar and bistro for each of the meal settings and be able to knowledgeably explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
· Follow timing procedures for setting each course.
· Greet and serve guests, following guidelines for serving and upselling
· Acknowledge and respond to all guest requests, bringing them to the attention of (or turning them over to) the supervisor as appropriate.
· Keep station neat and clean during service. Constantly patrol assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures.
· Know and use "suggestive selling" techniques when possible, e.g., selling a la carte wine, mixed drinks, after dinner cordials, coffees, etc.
· Follow all guest check and money-handling procedures when serving a la carte beverage orders.
· Return all re-usable table complements and condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
· Return all food to the kitchen.
· Clean and replace tray stands in proper storage area.
· Inform management of any lost or damaged equipment, linen, etc.
· Adapts to changing business demands and is willing to assist wherever needed in order to ensure the flow of the department is always productive and efficient
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED
· Proserve certification
· Able to work with little supervision.
· Superior customer service skills with prior experience in the hospitality industry
· Able to lift heavy objects.
· Prior hotel experience is a strong asset