Technical Sales Manager
ColdChase is looking to filling one position as Technical Sales Manager.
Over the past three years, ColdChase has developed and patented an advanced technology for global real-time tracking of environmental information on shipments. This has become essential for producers, logistics operators, distribution centres, warehouses and customers in the supply chain for environmentally controlled shipments or storage.
The ColdChase system is a GPS based technology that includes sensors for monitoring temperature, humidity, pressure, light, shock/vibration. The data is encrypted and data storage is protected for every customer. The system collects data real time as well as live data gets transmitted to the cloud. The limits of each environmental parameter can be individually configured, and any limit excursion is traceable throughout the entire supply chain. Our system enables compliance on controlled goods.
• Direct technical sales discussions with cold chain customers and close deals
• Researching and developing marketing opportunities and planning and implementing new sales plans
• Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
• Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
• Directs market researcher
• Interface directly with customers and provide business expertise to customers and staff.
• Prospecting for new clients and engage to help.
• Facilitate meetings with ColdChase product development staff.
• Manage project plans produced by ColdChase engineers
• Price the client’s projects, equipment usage, labour and expense
• Quotations including milestones while monitor activities.
• North American Sales & Marketing experience
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Deep understanding of Cold Chain Industry
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or commerce. MBA useful, but not required.
• 10+ year’s industrial experience in technology product sales & marketing (non-software products).
• Thorough understanding of all business aspects from product development, customer interface, marketing, sales, manufacturing and finance.
• Worked at a large industrial technology corporations for at least 5+ years of career is a plus.
• Ability to interface between customers and engineering
• Proven ability to Close deals
• High energy and motivation level.
• Customer focused with the ability to work independently and in a team.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Business location in Edmonton, Alberta
Compensation also includes commission