Concessions Development Coordinator
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Need to Know
At Edmonton International Airport, we offer challenging, rewarding opportunities that allow employees to thrive in what they do. Our work culture is known for being open, collaborative and inclusive. We recognize that great work gets accomplished when spontaneous fun is involved, and we make an effort to celebrate successes and milestones whenever we can. We’re also big believers in the power of setting professional goals and encourage employees to do so on a regular basis. We always want to know how we can support our most valuable stakeholder and enhance the partnership that exists between managers and their employees.
We look for positive, energetic people to fill vacancies on our team who are not afraid to take on inevitable challenges. We also look for diversity among our applicants, including in backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and ways of working together. It’s this diverse community of people that allow us to shine and make better decisions that support our business plans.
You should also know that one of our core values is “invested in our talent”. We consider professional development, specialty training and career growth among our top priorities. To learn more about us, visit our website.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to work, see below for our latest hiring opportunity.
Is This Role for You?
Reporting to the Manager, Concessions Development, the Concessions Development Coordinator coordinates the development and implementation of the concessions program with the goal of stimulating concessions non-aeronautical revenues. They are accountable for coordinating the day to day activities associated with the concessions program, including acting as a liaison between the tenants and EIA.
Day in The Life
• Understand source and flow of all financial and statistical data and ensure integrity and accuracy of data.
• Providing input into the development of standards, processes and procedures for the effective and efficient operation of the concessions program and provide input for improvement on existing processes and procedures.
• Administer the concessions audit program, ensuring accurate and timely information is captured, reported and database of auditing results is maintained.
• Conduct research and establish key industry contacts in an effort to understand current concessions trends, revenue stimulation and customer desires.
• Act as a liaison between tenants and the Concessions Development team in the day to day operations of the Concessions program, provide subject matter expertise and support in the understanding of concessions processes and procedures, and troubleshooting any issues and escalate where required.
• Liaise with tenants for operational readiness, security requirements, delivery logistics, and ensuring that all other operational requirements are met in conjunction with EIA while maintain a positive relationship with tenants.
• Cross-functionally working with other internal departments to meet the needs of the customers and passengers as well as to ensure EIA policies and procedures are met in conjunction with Transport Canada guidelines.
• Review all tenant hours of operation signage, secondary signage, displays and merchandise zones to ensure compliance to lease obligations as well as rules & regulations are upheld.
• Gathering data and coordination of formal submissions of any Concessions awards & directory submissions.
• Coordinate and administer the Concessions advertising portfolio.
• Maintain, distribute and update the Concessions Tenant Manual.
• Ensure the successful coordination and facilitation of meetings as required, including appropriate coordination of resources (facility, speaker, etc.), agenda and minute preparation.
• Coordinate special events for the Concessions program, including gathering information and determining requirements, facilitation of events where required.
• Assisting with the execution of the Concessions Development Strategy Plan as it relates to revenue generation under the direction of the Manager, Concessions Development.
• Assisting with advertisement aspects which align with the goals of EIA, including updating list of advertisers (installs & approvals) and other areas as set out by the Manager.
• Diploma or certificate in business administration, property management, or related subject.
• Experience managing, administering and understanding confidential legal agreements.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of property management systems and/or AX are preferred.
• Must be a self-starter and work well with minimal supervision.
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a high-pressure environment with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to develop positive business relationships and customer service.
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and presentational skills.
• Demonstrate a high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented, easy to do business with manner of working.
• Must have a “can do” attitude and willingness to contribute to a team environment.