Human Resources Business Partner
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
1 Full-time, Term Position (12-18 Months)
Is This Role for You?
The HR Business Partner is a strategic, senior level consultative position, responsible for a range of duties enabling the HR department to deliver best practices and focused solutions that support the business. This position proactively supports the delivery of HR strategy and programs to the client, ensuring effectiveness of the day to day functions of the HR department, including talent acquisition, development, engagement, ER/LR, organizational change management, compensation and benefits.
Day in The Life
You might be wondering what you can expect in a typical day at work. Every day will bring new opportunities, focusing on key responsibilities, including:
• Provide input to HR plans and directions and assist in development and delivery of HR initiatives and programs
• Partner directly with SBU leadership in the implementation and execution of the HR strategy and business plan
• Work closely with management and employees to improve relationships and build morale
• Ensure alignment between HR and SBU strategies, identify opportunities and areas of concern
• Assist in the development of SBU short and long-term staffing plans
• Providing subject matter expertise in designing org structures and systems to fit the current business realities/goals, and develop plans to implement changes
• Provide subject matter expertise, and support leadership in the development of all people plans, including recruitment, talent development, succession, etc.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of employee and labour relations, strengthening established relationships
• Support continual enhancement of employee experience through research and implementation of HR best practices in areas of accountability
• Post-secondary education specializing in Human Resources, or equivalent
• CPHR designation required
• Mid to senior level experience in employee and labour relations
• Experience in organizational design and change management
• Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
• Ability to partner with and provide counselling to all levels in the organization, including senior leadership
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and solve inquiries and issues expeditiously and efficiently
• Ability to work within a complex innovative HR environment
• Proficient with Human Resources Information Systems
• Experience analyzing HR data and trends
• Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check
REPORTS TO: Director, Human Resources
SALARY: Commensurate with experience