Digital Engagement Lead
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
As the use of social media has become widespread with local, national and international consumers, online engagement is the primary way EIA engages and informs customers and the community. With the growing number of social media platforms supporting EIA’s online customer engagement, it is vital to add a dedicated role to strategize and lead all online and digital communications channels. EIA’s social media platforms are a vital communications tool. These platforms listen to and interact with customers and community members. We are focused on understanding and improving the passenger experience and digital strategies are a vital part of this future work. The Digital Engagement Lead is critical to support the online success of Edmonton International Airport.
The successful candidate must be passionate about driving improvements in our airport, Airport City, commercial programs and corporate functions. The Digital Engagement Lead will be effective at working in a fast-paced and complex environment as well as confident and collaborative in their interactions with senior executives, partners and cross functional teams. Critical to this role is the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels, with both internal and external stakeholders.
You might be wondering what you can expect in a typical day at work. Every day will bring new opportunities, focusing on key responsibilities, including:
• Manage all aspects of the website, including publishing access, information architecture (IA), hosting agreements, content posting policies and procedures and understand/implement future mobile website trends, upgrades and developments.
• Liaise and negotiate with internal stakeholders to ensure digital communications program is aligned with company business objectives
• Report Google and social media channel analytics along with key insights to management and colleagues that show ROI and drive improvements to EIA’s digital communications program.
• Keep abreast of digital communications, social media and e-commerce trends and innovations, and propose new tools and technologies that could significantly enhance EIA’s digital program
• Learn and implement new digital tools and systems with a passenger-centric focus.
• Oversee day to day operations of EIA’s social media program and ensure we are in alignment with channel strategies and connected to our corporate strategy
• B.A. in Digital Media, Digital Communications, Digital Marketing or certificate in related field
• Experience with social media platforms and emerging trends in website, social media and other digital communications systems
• Bi-lingual (French) is considered an asset
• Creative knowledge and strategies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Awareness of current market trends that relate to this position
• Strong Project Management ability and organizational skills
• Highly developed negotiating, consensus-building and meeting facilitation skills
• Expertise in integrated digital marketing and communications campaign development
• Experience with digital media monitoring and analytics programs such as Google Analytics, Cision and Simply Measured
• Ability to secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal record check