Director, Stakeholder Relations
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Need to Know
At Edmonton International Airport, we offer challenging, rewarding opportunities that allow employees to thrive in what they do. Our work culture is known for being open, collaborative, and inclusive. We recognize that great work gets accomplished when spontaneous fun is involved, and we make an effort to celebrate successes and milestones whenever we can. We are also big believers in the power of setting professional goals and encourage employees to do so on a regular basis. We always want to know how we can support our most valuable stakeholder and enhance the partnership that exists between managers and their employees.
We look for positive, energetic people to fill vacancies on our team who are not afraid to take on inevitable challenges. We also look for diversity among our applicants, including in backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ways of working together. It is this diverse community of people that allow us to shine and make better decisions that support our business plans.
You should also know that one of our core values is “invested in our talent”. We consider professional development, specialty training and career growth among our top priorities. To learn more about us, visit our website.
If this sounds like somewhere you would like to work, see below for our latest hiring opportunity.
Is This Role for You?
A career opportunity exists for a skilled leader who can develop and lead Edmonton Airports ESG strategy. This role will be responsible for high-level strategic work within corporate, community, and political environments. We are looking for a proven problem solver who has a deep understanding of stakeholders (government and non-governmental bodies) and can create meaningful relationships and identify key opportunities. If you are a strong communicator, have keen attention to detail and passionate about working in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced environment, keep reading about this exciting opportunity!
Day in The Life
You might be wondering what you can expect in a typical day at work. Every day will bring new opportunities, focusing on key responsibilities, including:
• Develop and implement stakeholder and industry relations strategies and plans, including Edmonton Airports ESG strategy
• Manage programs and project level budgets
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives
• Support stakeholder engagement internally & externally
• Attend events and conferences
• Research issues and topics relevant to the work of Stakeholder Relations
• Represent Edmonton Airports on committees; Seeking new opportunities that are future-focused and aligned with the organization’s long-term strategy
• Develop, recommend, and support implementation of aligned partnership projects with key stakeholders
• Anticipate and track policies, trends, initiatives, opportunities and developments, and provide executive briefings and recommendations to senior leaders
• A University Degree in any of the following: international relations/public administration/sociology/political science or a related discipline
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in intergovernmental relations contexts, for example with the federal government or with intergovernmental tables
• Proven understanding of stakeholder relations principles & practices
• Experience working with and communicating with stakeholders
• Able to connect with diverse groups of people to create and build strong relationships, both with internal and external stakeholders
• Conflict resolution skills including ability to handle and address controversial situations
• Research and problem-solving skills to gather required information, make decisions and develop recommendations
• Experience in a challenging, complex, and high pressure/tight timelines environment
• Adaptability to manage changing priorities, comprehend complex and/or ambiguous information in a timely manner and provide sound advice
• Demonstrates sensitivity to the political environment and possess strong political acumen to manage those sensitivities
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Strong work ethic and a proven track record of personal accountability and a sense of ownership.
• Knowledge of communications and media relations principles and practices, communication tools, technologies, and best practices.
• Extensive internal and external meetings involved with this role, comfort traveling ~30%+