Community Relations Advisor
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications & Creative Services, the Community Relations Advisor is accountable for managing EIA’s reputation in our stakeholder communities. This includes seeking opportunities to enhance the passenger experience and strongly influence customer satisfaction. This role will design and implement programs of community influence throughout the terminal, reflecting the Edmonton Metro Region and creating a sense of place to visitors. As the primary contact for EIA, the Community Relations Advisor will negotiate partnerships with external stakeholders that demonstrate value to the partner and support the strategic objectives of Edmonton Airports.
You might be wondering what you can expect in a typical day at work. Every day will bring new opportunities, focusing on key responsibilities, including:
• Identify, evaluate and determine EIA’s participation in sponsorships and partnerships with various organizations to raise EIA’s profile and reputation within the community.
• Align sponsorships and partnerships with the Edmonton Airports’ annual business plan, five-year strategic plan and community investment core focus areas.
• Liaise with business unit clients to identify community relations and stakeholder engagement requirements, to ensure continuous improvement of current practices and programs.
• Provide subject matter expertise and support to internal and external clients, regional and corporate community relations personnel as required.
• Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, communities and organizations of strategic interest.
• Manage the community investment budget by planning, sourcing and coordinating logistics with special events.
• Oversee the art and music programs, identify artists and musicians that are impactful to the programs, so they are aligned strategically to our values and goals.
• Work closely with the passenger experience team that plan, schedule and support the musicians and artists performing in the terminal
• Work closely with the communications team to promote, highlight and message our community partnership program, music and art programs publicly
• Provide subject matter expertise, recommendations and direct support in the development and implementation of stakeholder engagement plans, strategies, tactics and programs that address and effectively manage stakeholder issues and needs.
• Strong relationship-building capabilities that foster trusting relationships with clients and colleagues
• Post-secondary education in related field - marketing, public or community relations, event planning or equivalent
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
• Proven project management skills and organizational skills
• Experience negotiating contracts
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize ever-changing deadlines
• Ability to stay abreast of current airport and community events
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with people and organizations
• Ability to work independently and display decision-making skills
• Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records checks