Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
A new opportunity exists for a skilled Procurement Specialist, who is detail oriented and passionate about working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is adaptable and loves to learn. This position will support a variety of areas, which may include operational services, consulting, communications, security, and other categories, and will provide expert sourcing and contracting guidance and advice to build maturity in sourcing of these products and services. This includes defining requirements in collaboration with Strategic Business Units, advising on procurement strategies that align to the best outcomes; creating RFXs; leading competitive processes; developing contract templates for consulting services, software licensing, consulting and hosting services, alliance/partner agreements, and other related requirements. The position will also be responsible for maintaining service level agreements.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in operational and maintenance goods and services contracts, with a clear understanding of commercial contract terms relevant to these categories; strong knowledge of the marketplace for pertinent categories integrated products and partners; stellar communication skills; a high level of dedication to process adherence and business simplifications. The Procurement Specialist must be a “customer-centric” professional, able to interpret information and translate into expectations of the organization, meet concurrent deadlines, independently solve problems, prioritize requests, and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
You might be wondering what you can expect in a typical day at work. Every day will bring new opportunities, focusing on key responsibilities, including:
• Support communications, consulting, operational services, and other categories and/or projects, as required, through the economic and timely procurement of products and services.
• Administration of client contracts on an ongoing basis, and monitor contractual obligations and performance metrics
• Leading competitive process, including providing expertise on contracting strategy, sourcing, analyzing proposals, contract review and development, vendor negotiations, and contract administration.
• Vendor sourcing, prequalification, and management.
• Act as a liaison between stakeholders and Supply Chain Services, and partner with internal customers to determine specific customer and other compliance requirements.
• Ensure internal customers are fully informed of and are in adherence with procurement policies and procedures.
• Schedule and conduct internal and external contract reviews in accordance with set schedules and develop improvement action plans.
• Assist in improving Procurement procedures and policy and ensure that they are followed.
• Other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
• Completion of, or working towards, Supply Chain Management professional training, preferred.
• Experience creating RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, etc., leading competitive processes; drafting contracts for supply and services.
• Experience in a contracting environment with direct involvement in preparation and negotiation of complex, high value contracts is highly preferred.
• Experience in contract lifecycle management.
• 6+ years of recent Supply Chain/Procurement experience. Combination of education and experience may be considered.
• High degree of attention to detail, with a proven understanding of complex contracts and terms.
• Ability to interpret bids and translate into expectations of organization.
• Excellent critical thinking as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated success in working with internal customers & team members (pertinent references will be requested).
• Experience bringing technological and innovative solutions through procurement.
• Knowledge and understanding of Procurement law.
• Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite. Microsoft Dynamics knowledge and experience would be considered an asset, along with experience in other popular ERP systems.
• Ability to generate meaningful reports to spur continuous improvement.
• Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check.