Asset Management Specialist: 1 Full Time, 18 Month Term Position
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Reporting to the Superintendent, Asset Management, the Asset Management Specialist will champion the implementation and continuous advancement of the Asset Management Program at Edmonton Airports. This role will assist with developing asset management system elements and core life cycle functions such as design, selection, operation, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and civil infrastructure and assets at Edmonton Airports. In addition to a solid technical ability, the role will require an innovative approach and ability to take on responsibility, communicate clearly and effectively, be organized and work collaboratively with other team members. This position is ideal for an individual with an appropriate balance of technical ability and people skills.
You might be wondering what you can expect in a typical day at work. Every day will bring new opportunities, focusing on key responsibilities, including:
• Lead the development and maintenance of Asset Management Plans (AMP) by researching and working with appropriate stakeholders to create an AMP that meets the requirements of the operational and infrastructure systems.
• Assist with the effective project turnover to operations and maintenance by supporting with the development and communication of the change management and operational readiness plans, transferring of project data to operations, development of maintenance and operating plans, creating new standard Operating Procedures, etc.
• Development of life cycle costing and long-term asset management plans for infrastructure assets.
• Support the development of both short- and long-term asset renewal capital program.
• Through the utilization of internal technical subject matter experts and external third-party consultants, be the primary lead on asset condition assessments.
• The development of asset related reports to analyze data to support the monitoring of asset management objectives and key performance indicators.
• Provide support for the development, implementation, and ongoing operational enhancements of an Asset Management software platform.
• Safely and effectively lead on-site activities with consultants and contractors within active operational areas.
• Completion of an Engineering Diploma/Degree or an Engineering Technologist Certificate from a post-secondary institution.
• Certification in Asset Management or proven knowledge of Asset Management concepts and practices.
• Minimum 5 years experience working within an Asset Management focussed team or organization.
• Strong experience in Microsoft business programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service and leadership skills; strong ability to develop positive working relationships with stakeholders and business partners.
• Ability to identify trends and analyze business outcomes to ensure continuous advancement of Asset Management initiatives.
• Proven track record of improving processes and increasing efficiency while demonstrating a commitment to health and safety.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to research and explore Asset Management best practices and apply the knowledge to advance Asset Management.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with experience managing multiple activities effectively, in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience writing complex, detailed reports and facilitating meetings.
• Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check.