Manager, Data Analytics & Integration
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Is This Role for You?
The Data and Integration Platform Manager will play an essential role in the development and operation of critical data services to the Edmonton International Airport including data analytics, data science, and data warehousing services. The Data and Integration manager will work closely with other departments within EIA to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support solutions that support EIA’s information, reporting, and analytics requirements.
This role will require working cross-functionally within EIA to understand, develop and craft a dynamic and secure foundation for reporting, analytics, data science, application, and event-based integration. In addition, the Data and Integration Platform Manager will develop modeling/analysis services to mine enterprise systems and applications to gather the information that enhances business processes including acquisition, deployment, and maintenance of data support tools, metadata inventories, and definitions for data and information assets. The successful candidate will act as a subject matter expert and will have good foundational knowledge about airline and airport operations, data standards and data models, and best practices used in the industry. This role will also be responsible for designing solutions that ensure high levels of solution availability and data security while compliant with regulations, technology best practices, and standards.
Day in The Life
• Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new information technologies, particularly in the areas of business intelligence, analytics, data warehousing, data science, and integration.
• Work with different business stakeholders to align the business and technology standards and best practices.
• Lead the evolution and management of EIA’s data capabilities and infrastructure to support business needs.
• Promote the efficient utilization of data resources, reporting and analytics capabilities across EIA.
• Monitor data use and analytics consumption to ensure the organization is receiving value for investment with the platforms.
• Oversee all the development of data analytics, data warehousing, and integration services.
• In collaboration with other technology teams, develop maintenance schedules for data integration, data analytics tools, and data warehousing systems.
• Using industry knowledge, examine, refine, and develop business intelligence metrics.
• Develop, implement, and maintain data integration and data management policies and procedures, including those for business intelligence and data warehousing architecture, standards, purchasing, monitoring, and service provision.
• Responsible for the successful implementation of data projects that align with business and use cases and strategies delivered as part of an integrated business and modernization plan.
• Accountable for establishing a reference architecture and enterprise data model that enable scalable and high-quality solutions.
• Accountable for establishing standards, operating procedures, and design patterns for internal and third-party development teams.
• Maintain data governance and compliance best practices in line with EIA policy and Canadian Privacy Law. Ensure the data collected and used follows key regulations including PIPEDA and GDPR
• Partner with internal and external teams to perform data quality audits, and identify issues, including building improvement plans
• Support internal and third-party audits (including ITGC and NIST) to ensure appropriate data controls are in place, documented, and maintained.
• Create a road map of improvements and enhancement of data, reporting, and integration services
• Manage data analytics and integration team and third-party vendors, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, and periodic evaluation of staff and contractors.
• Provide coaching, technical direction, and mentorship to develop capabilities within the team.
• Liaise with other airports and partners to evolve and grow the ACRIS data model to enable standardization across aviation.
• Conduct research and remain current with the latest data technologies, analytics, and integration solutions in support of future data management procurement efforts.
• Develop requests for proposals.
• University degree in the field of computer science or information systems or business administration
• 8+ years’ work experience leading data management, business intelligence, and/or data integration teams
• 10+ years of air service or airport business experience
• Certification(s) in data management, data analysis, data science, business intelligence, and/or integration
• Experience implementing formal data management methodologies and best practices
• Hands-on experience overseeing the development of industry-specific data models and data exchange standards (e.g., IATA)
• Strong technical background and understanding in more than one of the following areas:
o Data Architecture
o Data Modeling
o Business Intelligence and reporting
o Messaging platform, event processing, and integration
• Strong leadership background in the following areas:
o Industry domain knowledge and keeping in step with evolving business model
o Conforming to shifting demands in a fast pace and dynamic environment
o Consultative skills and strong negotiation, influence, and conflict resolution skills
o Continually seeking opportunities for operational efficiencies and acting as a champion for change and improvement
o Developing strong working relationships with stakeholders and team members
o Mentoring staff to build up team capabilities
o Prioritizing and executing tasks in a highly dynamic environment
o Thinking strategically as well as being able to make tactical decisions
o Working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Proven record of successfully executing projects with a strong understanding of project management principles.
Skills & Abilities
• Strong written and communicational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to engage, build positive relationships and negotiate win wins.
• Ability to conduct and direct research into data management, analytics, data science, and integration products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.