Bilingual Pre-Board Screening Officer
GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), providing screening services in 28 airports across the country. GardaWorld has become a leader by being able to rapidly adapt to change and by investing heavily in constant training for its personnel.
Watch your career take flight at GardaWorld!
GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), offering screening services in 28 airports across Canada.
Pre-Board Screening Officers are specialized professionals tasked with protecting air travelers by screening them and their belongings, while exhibiting the highest degree of vigilance and providing excellent customer service in a challenging environment.
Our officers undergo rigorous specialized training up to 180 hours, both in class and on-the-job in order to acquire CATSA Screening Officer certification so it is not essential that you have previous security experience, training or licenses. We are seeking eager candidates with great communication skills and customer service experience that are comfortable working in the airport's high-tech, fast paced environment.
We are currently recruiting Bilingual Pre-Boarding Screening Officers for the Edmonton International Airport, on a Part-Time basis with opportunities for Full-Time once training is completed.
What’s in it for you?
• $23.18 - $26.69/hour
• Training paid at $21.89/hour
• Comprehensive benefits
• Uniform provided
• Opportunities for career development in specialist and management positions
• Security experience or license NOT required!
What does a Pre-Board Screening Officer in Edmonton do?
• Screen passengers, non-passengers, and baggage
• Control access to restricted areas
• Interact with the travelling public and provide customer service in a professional and ethical manner
• Follow regulations and standard operating procedures while demonstrating critical thinking
Qualifications to become a Pre-Board Screening Officer in Edmonton?
• Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
• Age 18 or older
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Fluent in English and French - spoken and written
• Eligible to obtain RAIC/security clearance
• Able to obtain medical clearance and meet physical requirements
• One year of customer service experience, ideally in a dynamic, high-tech environment
Click to apply: https://jobs.garda.com/job/Bilingual-%28EnglishFrench%29-Pre-Board-Screening-Officer/1040831700/