Manager, Materials & Logistics
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. YEG is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. YEG offers non-stop connections to over 50 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At YEG you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Is This Role for You?
We are looking for a Manager, Materials & Logistics to join our team!
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Manager, Materials & Logistics will be an integral part of Edmonton Airports Supply Chain team. The Manager, Materials & Logistics is accountable for the success of materials management and logistics in support of the financial and operational objectives of the organization. This position leads a diverse group of employees and has strong cross-functional linkages with all other SBUs, providing support in cost-effective solutions that ensure adequate on-time resources.
Day in The Life
You might be wondering what you can expect in a typical day at work. Every day will bring new opportunities, focusing on key responsibilities, including:
• Oversee all aspects of inventory and logistics management to ensure efficiencies in supply, storage, and distribution
• Determine the optimal team structure and allocation of resources to effectively carry out materials management & logistics functions
• Lead the development and implementation of an effective medium to long-term supply chain strategy that aligns with the operational needs of the business
• Provide oversight and support to the materials management team, and drive continuous improvement through the development of people and tools, including MRP and ERP
• Proactively respond to changes and demands in the internal and external environment
• Ensure the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics.
• Demonstrate a high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented, easy-to-do business manner of working.
• Develop new and enhanced procedures and processes to improve quality, efficiency, and performance.
• 6+ years demonstrated leadership in Supply Chain Management, including materials and inventory management, logistics, and procurement
• Business degree in supply chain management, or equivalent experience
• SCMP designation would be considered an asset
• Demonstrated leadership skills and success in leading people to achieve a high standard of performance
• Strong experience using ERP and MRP systems for materials management
• Proven skills in vendor management / vendor relations
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute business deliverables
• Strong communication skills verbal and written; ability to produce timely and high-quality documentation
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and identify trends and opportunities through data collection, research and analysis
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Sharing our values of integrity, safety, respect and inclusion
• Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check
This role is required to be on-site 5 days per week